This award about aural sensations is due Sunday 20 August 2017
AUDIOPHILE FILE AWARD
Write a script for an audio play in the style of a detective story. It can be set in any time period, and be any style of investigation (though murder will probably be the most common). The main criteria is that sound play a crucial role in the crime and / or investigation.
Some ideas to get you thinking.
- A sound recording of the victim’s last moments
- The case hinging on identification of a particular song or sound
- The use of sonic waves to commit the crime
- A character who relies on their keen sense of hearing
The story should be written in the detective fiction style. There are no restrictions on time or place of setting.
750 words max. No minimum word count
This story is due 20 August 2017.
All authors are eligible for this award.
- First prize receives 5000 words feedback from NiTH team on a story or manuscript of your choosing.
- All entries receive feedback from judges by request.
A cover image is no longer a prerequisite, but we still love them. All cover images must be in 4:3 format landscape (not portrait). Most photo editing programs give you that option. If you’re using your phone, try the Snapseed app, it has lots of cool features as well. Another recommendation is Pixlr.
If including a cover image, ensure that you own the rights to that image or that you have permission, or that the image carries a free license. Make the filename of the image the name of your story and include a backlink to the source in the body text at the bottom of your story.
In the body text:
- Author name
- Award name
(Optional) Intro – 150 characters
Having problems submitting? Contact Us!