This quickfire short is due 18/6/2017.
FAQ QUEST AWARD
Futuristic shopping malls and dog day dramas feature on this week’s shortlist.
Writing in the style of a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) take the reader on an epic quest. Genre short fiction is strongly encouraged but not a prerequisite.
Some prompts to help you get started:
- FAQ on how to pilot an alien spacecraft
- What to do if your parents are slain by orcs
- Why turning 16 is the absolute worst
- Everything you need to know when writing an award winning novel
Any and all genres are welcome.
Up to 450 words. More minimum.
This award is due 18 June 2016.
There is no eligibility criteria for this award. All authors are welcome.
- First prize receives 5000 words feedback from NiTH team on a story or manuscript of your choosing.
- All entries receive feedback from judges by request.
A cover image is no longer a prerequisite, but we still love them. All cover images must be in 4:3 format landscape (not portrait). Most photo editing programs give you that option. If you’re using your phone, try the Snapseed app, it has lots of cool features as well. Another recommendation is Pixlr.
If including a cover image, ensure that you own the rights to that image or that you have permission, or that the image carries a free license. Make the filename of the image the name of your story and include a backlink to the source in the body text at the bottom of your story.
In the body text:
- Author name
- Award name
(Optional) Intro – 150 characters
Having problems submitting? Contact Us!