This Patreon funded award about breaking free is due 6 August 2017.
THE GET OUT OF JAIL FREE AWARD
A functioning police state needs no police.
William S. Burroughs
In many societies the concept of justice seems to be as much about who we are as to what we did wrong. More to the point, is justice even a relevant concept anymore?
In the form of an interview transcript, write a story that examines concepts of justice, truth, guilt and prejudice. Consider the following:
- The biases and preconceptions of the characters
- The time and place in which they live
- The conflicts or tensions between characters
Any and all genres are welcome, provided to story is presented as an interview transcript.
Up to 650 words. No minimum.
This story is due
16 July 6 August 2017.
You must be a backer of our Patreon award prize pool to enter. Minimum $1. Find out more here.
- First prize receives 5000 words feedback from NiTH team on a story or manuscript of your choosing.
- All entries receive feedback from judges by request.
- All shortlisted authors receive an equal share of our Patreon prize pool for that award.
A cover image is no longer a prerequisite, but we still love them. All cover images must be in 4:3 format landscape (not portrait). Most photo editing programs give you that option. If you’re using your phone, try the Snapseed app, it has lots of cool features as well. Another recommendation is Pixlr.
If including a cover image, ensure that you own the rights to that image or that you have permission, or that the image carries a free license. Make the filename of the image the name of your story and include a backlink to the source in the body text at the bottom of your story.
In the body text:
- Author name
- Award name
- Patreon name
(Optional) Intro – 150 characters
Having problems submitting? Contact Us!