This award about animal experiences is due Sunday 24 September 2017
SANCTUARY OF LOST SOULS AWARD
Set in a sanctuary, zoo or some other enclosure, and using primarily non-human animals for characters, explore how humanity’s impact in the 21st Century is changing the animal kingdom
Some ideas to get you started:
- What are the worst and best things we are doing for animals?
- How is technology impacting the natural world?
- How might different species think and communicate, both with each other and among species?
- Where is the best place to be an animal right now
The characters should be exclusively or primarily non human animals and the setting should be a sanctuary, atrium or some other enclosure.
450 words max. No minimum word count
This story is due Sunday 24 September 2017
All authors are eligible for this award.
- First prize receives 5000 words feedback from NiTH team on a story or manuscript of your choosing.
- All entries receive feedback from judges by request.
A cover image is no longer a prerequisite, but we still love them. All cover images must be in 4:3 format landscape (not portrait). Most photo editing programs give you that option. If you’re using your phone, try the Snapseed app, it has lots of cool features as well. Another recommendation is Pixlr.
If including a cover image, ensure that you own the rights to that image or that you have permission, or that the image carries a free license. Make the filename of the image the name of your story and include a backlink to the source in the body text at the bottom of your story.
In the body text:
- Author name
- Award name
(Optional) Intro – 150 characters
Having problems submitting? Contact Us!