21 Day Short Story Writing Course
Divided into three weekly sections, the 21 Day Short Story Writing Course is ideal for writers looking to kick-start their journey into creative fiction writing and develop their confident written voice.
Equip yourself with the practical tools to imagine, write and complete short stories on a regular basis, gain the knowledge to access markets for publication and turn your short stories into novels, collections and serialised editions.
21 Day Short Story Writing Course Structure
The 21 Day Short Story Writing Course Is divded into 21 practical exercises, each taking between 30 minutes and an hour to complete. The course takes a minium of three weeks, however participants are fee to complete the modules at their own speed.
Course fee includes the 21 Day Short Story Writing Course eBook, expert feedback from a NiTH mentor for each exercise, including the final assignment (3 interlinked short stories) and access to the NiTH community of writers, as well as unlimited support as needed during the length of the course.
Writers can complete and upload coursework daily, or submit at the end of the week.
Week 1 - The Intuitive Writer
- The Protagonist
- Tips For Accessing Your Creative Mind
- Scene , Setting & Dialogue
- Editing - The Power Of Your Red Pen
- Feedback - The Power Of Others
- Path To Publishing - Hear from the NiTH Editors about what makes a contest winning short story.
- The Antagonist
- Character Arcs
- The Hook
- Flash Fiction - The Power Of Brevity
- Multiple Perspectives
- Path To Publishing - Hear from author Charlotte Cross about her experience with self publishing and collaboration.
- Advanced Plotting
- The Perfect First Line
- Linking & Serialising - Writing Short Stories that work together
- Writing For Profit - Contests / Markets / Self Publishing
- Turning Your Short Stories Into Novels
- Path To Publishing - Hear from Senior Editor of GdM Magazine Adrian Collins about writing and publishing for magazines & markets.
By The End Of This Course You Will
- Start, write & complete multiple story drafts
- Create intriguing and interesting characters
- Understand the elements of plot, scene and dialogue that go into writing a short story.
- Be confident editing your work and providing feedback to others.
- Understand how markets work
- Silence your inner critic & just write
Exclusive ContentThis course includes an exclusive interview with the senior editor of a peak genre publication and a self published author on what they look for when publishing great short stories.
The course is $300 AUD (Approx $220 USD, £160) Early bird special reduces the price by 50%, so book early for $100 discount. See below for times and dates.
How To Write A Short Story Course Enrolment
Individuals and small group booking are encouraged to book at their own convenience and are free to choose their own start date. (Allow up to 24 hours for confirmation)
Groups of more than 6 should contact us for a 20% discount and scheduling an appropriate time and course structure.
Cancellation & Transfer Policy
Course bookings are 75% refundable provided we receive notification 48 hours before course commencement.
Course bookings are transferable to other courses with a minimum notice of 48 hours prior to the start date of booked course.
Additional fees may apply when transferring to a higher priced course.
Check out all of our writing courses, as well as proofreading services and novel mentoring services below.
From award winning writers and poets to festival directors, see some of the great things people have to say about Needle In The Hay and our services.
Meet The Team
Meet the handsome folks behind Needle In The Hay, see what we do and get in touch with us.
The NiTH Team