A website is more than just a landing page. Learn how to register your own site, upload new content, themes, create buttons, widgets and menus, and make a beautiful web space for your author profile, portfolio and personal brand.
This course aims to give writers & artists control over their web presence, and is focused on the fundamentals of web design. Save thousands in design costs, hosting and updates by building your own beautiful web space. Working closely with your tutor, this course will save you hours of pouring through online knowledge repositories and shortcut straight to the good part. Writing fun and interesting content to get your reader’s attention.
What You Will Learn
- How to register a website domain
- What is hosting & how much should a writer pay?
- Why use WordPress?
- Choosing your theme
- How to make posts & pages in WordPress
- Linking your social media profiles
- SEO fundamentals
- Managing your themes and plugins
- Editing photos & images
- Plus much more…
By The End Of This Course You Will:
- Have a functional website with a clean, simple design.
- Know how to make posts and pages.
- Possess the skill to tag and categorize your posts
- Be competent at embedding images, buttons and hyperlinks.
- Know how to install themes and plugins, and update those tools.
- Become a WordPress Master!
This is a 4 Module Course with one-on-one tutelage focused on developing a writer / artist based site. You can choose:
Daily – One module a day for four days.
Twice Weekly – Two modules a week over a fortnight.
Weekly – One module a week on your preferred day, for four weeks.
You don’t need to have any prior knowledge of web design or management. If you don’t have an existing domain registered, we can help you with that.
$350 AUD – Includes all course materials, one-on-one tutoring and six months free web hosting. You will need to register your own domain, though.